The term “hacked” is a popular term used when your account has been compromised. Your account can be hacked if your account details fall into the wrong hands. When your account is hacked, It starts to authorize activity without your consent. Once you notice any suspicious actives just know that your Facebook Account Is Hacked and if you still have access to the account you can change your login details.
Facebook Account Is hacked in several ways by to breach Facebook account. Hackers could access your account when automatically login is set in your account, this will allow hacker access to several information about you. Your account contains your personal details and hackers could use those details to spam others. You could lose many of your friends if they get scammed through your account.
How do You Know Your Facebook Account Is Hacked
When your Facebook account is hacked some time the hackers many not have change your password. Once your account start making changes you never authorized those changes could be:
- Personal information update: your birthday, email, phone number, etc. get updated
- Strange friend addition: you start to see new friends in your friend list you did not send friend request to.
- People gets message you did not send: when someone close to you tells you that you send a strange message to them. You need to see the message and confirm if it was you.
- People see posts you did not share: when people starts to see post they don’t expect you to share
Regardless of how your account was hacked. The best thing to do is to take a quick action once you found out that it was hacked before things get out of hand. We will be discussing action you should take to get back your account.
How To Recover Hacked Facebook Account
You need to first find out if you can still access your account or if you are locked out of the account. if you can still access the account. All you have to do is to change your account password immediately. But if you are locked out of your account here are the things you should do.
- Log on to Facebook Account Compromise Page which is http://www.facebook.com/hacked/ click on the “My Account Is Compromised” link. This will take you to “Identify Account Page.”
- Type in either one of these; email address, mobile phone number, Facebook name which could be your name and one of your friends name. Complete the process to report your account as hacked.
- Once you’ve regained access to your account, go to your “Account Settings” page and reset your password.
Other reason why you may be seeing those signs mentioned earlier may be as a result of the rogue behavior of some application connected to your Facebook account. Here is how to check the apps that can access your account.
- Log in to your account page, click the down arrow beside the question mark icon and select “Settings” from the drop down menu
- Select “Apps” option in the “Account Settings” column at the left hand side the screen
- Sort through the app you want to remove and remove them by hovering your mouse on the app name, then click the X beside the app name. A confirmation page pops up, click “Remove” and the app is removed.
Finally, to help protect your account, try enabling some Facebook login authentication features and whenever you are making choice of password, choose a strong one for better protection.